Impeller 1982 16HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller 1982 16HP

New to the forum so now sure if this is where to post, but here goes. I have come into possession of a 1982 16HP Suzuki outboard to run my little 15ft fiberglass boat around. It started first time after sitting for about a year so i was happy at first but i noticed it wasn't pumping any water when idling, i revved the engine up full and then it pumped a small amount of water. I thought it would be the impeller so i stripped that down and it seemed okay. I then wondered was there a rubber seal missing from where the crank shaft goes into the impeller casing. I took a photo and wondered if anyone can help, any help will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I have attached a photo of where the crank shaft goes into the casing (where im not too sure if there is a seal missing) and an image of the impeller.
    Attached Files

No doesn't have a seal in housing, check housing to see if melted or damaged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I have checked all round and can't see any problems. Any chance the pipes are clogged up? And where is thé water intake on one of these outboards. Thanks

Comment

Yes it's possible or plugged water passages in engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X