250 SS Prop for Bay Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 SS Prop for Bay Boat

I am running a 21' low profile center console, in the same ilk of a "Lake in Bay". I have been trying different props....some give more bow lift, and some more handling. The best prop so far has been the Turbo OT4 26 pitch, however I am getting some chin walk at high rates of speed. Current reading is 6000 Rpm's at 70.2 Mph. My objective is overall top end speed speed, with good shallow water take off. Any suggestions?

I am very partial to the Hill Marine signature series props..don't know how well they would work on your speed demon setup but offer excellent performance on heavier boats...what is "chin walk"

Comment

Originally posted by seaox230c View Post
      I am very partial to the Hill Marine signature series props..don't know how well they would work on your speed demon setup but offer excellent performance on heavier boats...what is "chin walk"
      Chin Walk refers to a boat rocking side to side while running on the pad. It only happens at high speeds.

Comment

With that info I would suggest chin walk is not a direct function of the prop but a characteristic of the hull, with so much being out of the water at high speeds, you are only supported by a thin section of the keel thus unstable. Trim tabs may help but they might be out of the water at those speeds. Doel fins or similar on the engine cav plates may offer some stability but again they might clear the surface at 70 mph...they also offer some drag that might slow you down

Comment

Working...
        X