DF60a stalls and dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF60a stalls and dies

hello all, my first post here, just found the forum and it looks like a great place after searching around for some answers.
    here's what i've got. df60a 4stroke, tiller, 200ish hrs, original owner, purchased 2010, freshwater,
    last 2 wks ago my motor would just died on me while on plane, just randomly. not on loading up necassarily while getting on plane, just while i was rolling down the river. i'd noticed it idling a lil rougher than i remembered and changed plugs a couple of months ago, also changed the external water/fuel seperator. it ran fine for the last two wks without a hiccup. today however it would die on loading it up to get on plane and i had trouble starting it again. i have good gas i'm sure, no water. my bulb stays primed except for one time when i checked it. i checked the oil, it's good, just changed it when i changed the fuel/water seperator. i have yet to change the little fuel filter on the motor. i even checked the fuel line running inside the lower plastic housing to make sure it wasnt pinched.
    i literally run my motor every week so it hasnt sat up at all and i've ran 89 in it per the manual. i use startron additive on almost every tank full and marine stabil in the summer months.
    when i got home i added some seafoam per my local suzuki guy's instructions and ran it on water muffs for a while. still seems like it's idling rough.
    on the top end it doesnt miss a lick.....

am i too wordy? is it time for a servicing? seems early for a young engine that doesnt sit up but.... i know i've got some hrs on it. i friggin love this engine and just want to take care of it.

thanx all so much in advance for the help!!

brad

If its a fuel injected model may need to have idle air control valve tested.
    Last edited by boats.net; 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thanx boats! is that a dealer thing on the diagnostics or something i can do with a fluke meter?

Comment

Best to take it to dealer with diagnostic equipment.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

thanx for the reply boats. its at the dealers. im reading lots about zukes and vapor lock issues. we will see what they come up with.

Comment

well boats, they cant get my motor to reproduce the problem yet..... they've had it since april 6th and just now running the motor....
            i asked them if they'd put the motor on the computer yet and they said there wasnt much need if it wasnt throwing a code.... well i asked to check my hrs and put it on the computer anyway..
            do you think that'll tell me anything? secondly, how do i know of my motor throws a code? this is a tiller handled motor so there's no tach or other instruments to light up or blink.
            thanx sir!

Comment

Working...
            X