06 DF225 Check Engine Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 DF225 Check Engine Code

I am getting 3 flaching check engine lights, pause and 3 more flashing check engine lights with 3 beeps also. Any help diagnosing it would be appreciated.

Thinking it is electrical, voltage was reading 16v while running and battery cables were in bad shape.

Also and suggestions where to get a service manual, had a hard time finding one on Boats.net.

Not sure but it sounds like it could be "change oil reminder".

Comment

Originally posted by wjm7947 View Post
      Not sure but it sounds like it could be "change oil reminder".
      Not even close, the oil light blicks when the oil needs to be changed, is that a guess?

This forum is very disapointing...... Advertisers are getting ripped off.

Comment

OK then, your guess is???? remember, it's you asking a question, and you insult someone who at least tried to offer assistance!

Comment

OK, now I have that off my chest, my "GUESS" is. . . . neutral switch.

Comment

Being that they are 06 motors i have had several oil changes, it is not an oil change notice. I apologize for my comment it was a bit rough, however i am a little beyong wild guesses at this point.

Seeing how it is a Suzuki Forum with Suzuki ad's all over it, i guess i expect a little more of a professional response.

As i mentioned, this forum is disapointing. i will need a book going forward, might as well go ahead and get one.

Comment

Can do next to nothing without a genuine service manual, without it, everything is a "guess" you can use a meter to measure 'stuff" but without knowing what the result should be, then it is useless, don't be tempted to buy the cheap ebay CD copies, spend the money on a proper OEM manual., and, dont forget the post your findings here, otherwise, no one will learn anything.

Comment

OH, and if you get a manual, see if it mentions - three flashes, pause, three flashes, and the neutral switch.

Comment

The code is a nuetral switch code, i got that off a different forum "The Hull Truth"

The issue was corrosion in the battery cables. I had a leak in wash down pump line that sits in the same compartment as the batteries, the leak sprayed salt water in the compartment which corroded the cables. over time the shrink wrap at the cable ends cracked and deteriated allowing corrosion up through the cables with not much visible on the treated connection at the battery.

The voltage drop sent false signals or problems to the nuetral switch which put the motor in safe mode.

Replaced the cables and treated all connections. When i started the motors back up it still showed the error, however after they warmed up the error cleared and safe mode deactivated.

Fished two full (2) days, 17hrs and the motors ran great.

Comment

A day late and a dollar shot at this point, but Browns Point Marine is where I got my DF200-250 service manual. They have an online store (BTW - I am in no way associated with this vendor, just trying to pass on some information).

Comment

Working...
                    X