Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 df175 drive shaft spline tip wont go in

Hi all,
    I am having trouble with the 2008 df 175 drive shaft spline tip going all the way up and in the coupler receiver. I need some help. I can only get the spline shaft tip up in the coupler about 1 inch and then it gets stuck and wont go any further.. my other df175 motor drive shaft spline did not have this problem going all the way up into the coupler.
    thanks, tsm
    Hi ,
    can i use racor parker fuel filter# racs 3212 10 micron instead of # racs 3213.
    Thanks,
    Tmc

Make sure there is no grease on the end of the shaft or in the female spline. This would would cause a hydraulic block and prevent full engagement of the spline coupling.

Jim

Comment

be 100% something else is not getting stuck, grease on the spline is OK, the 'seal" is not that great to prevent you pushing it all the way in (but it can get hard)

Comment

df175 upper drive shaft spline wont go in

Hi all,
        I had trouble last season getting the drive shaft spline to go into the female spline the last 1 1/4 inch so the lower unit would fit snug. I used the bolts in the lower unit to winch the drive shaft spline into the female spline.
        Is this a normal procedure to use when the drive shaft spline wont go in easy?
        I ran a gun cleaning rod up into the female spline and there is no blockage or hard grease at the end of the female spline and no apparent blockage in the female spline however if feels like a ridge on the female spline about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 up into the female spline. Could the drive shaft spline be hanging up on the ridge when we try to slide it all the way up into the female spline The drive shaft spline does not have any wear or deformations on the spline groves. I need help.Thanks
        tsm
        Hi ,
        can i use racor parker fuel filter# racs 3212 10 micron instead of # racs 3213.
        Thanks,
        Tmc

Comment

Must be something wrong with splines as you should be able to push back in by hand.
          Yes racor will work.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X