Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm at idle

Hey guys, I have a problem..

I have a 09 DF 225 that on my last trip I had a loud alarm sounding at idle with no warning lights lit. The strange part is that it would only sound after I had been moving around then backed off to idle. It is not the same beep as when you turn the key on and the lights on the instrument panel light up and it would go away when I shift into forward or rev the engine in neutral or shut down and restart.
    Earlier in the trip I had what I am assuming was dirty fuel, the engine was running very rough between 1500/3000 rpm. I drained some water from my water separator, then I gave the boat a blast around at full throttle and it cleared up but happened a couple more times during the night. When I shut down the engine would not start. It would turn over but wouldn't fire. I fixed that by adjusting the throttle body idle screw, it was stuck shut, after that, fired straight up, happy! I'm wondering does the alarm relate to dirty fuel? I have over 500hrs on the engine and have had no dramas, so this is my first post and any info would be great, cheers.

did you get it resolved?

Comment

If has a constant alarm should have a warning light or check engine light on. Could be low oil pressure, overheat or low battery voltage.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

There is no warning lights and there is only an alarm after I have been cruising and then back off to idle. Is does not alarm again while I am sitting idle once I have cleared the alarm.

Comment

The alarm as it turns out was a water in the fuel alarm. There is a sensor in the fuel filter on the engine and it had a small amount of water in it. Cleaned the filter, no more alarm, happy.

Comment

Working...
          X