DF40 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF40 upgrade

Noticing that the new DF40, DF50, DF60 have the exact same motor characteristics. I am wondering what it would take to upgrade the 40 to a 60 is it only the ecu that is different or is it just like and plug and play programmable tuning that is the difference. How hard what it be to do such and upgrade??

This sort of thing comes up all the time, lots of engines share a "common" powerhead, however, there can be dozens of differences, from cam, to heads, valves, ECU, injectors, all sorts of things can be different, you will need to get an OEM parts list for each motor and sort through them all, one by one to find different part numbers.

Comment

There may be dozens of differences. I have on order a df70. I have ben trying to compare the parts list and find few differances. I susspect air flow is restricted and a different ecm program. Ecm is very pricey. perhaps to discourage us. Perhaps a dif in throttle linkage.

It may be unethicle to bump it up even if it is easy. On the other hand I am bothered that engine manufacturers are less than honest as like lawnmower horspower ratings. Would like it better if rated more by displacement than horsepower as in motorcycles.

I will continue to read. Wait for warrenty to expire and be on the lookput for a parts engine.

Comment

Working...
      X