Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80's DT200 Carb Question

Howdy all,

I am in the process of giving some TLC to an old DT200 that, other than sitting around for many years, appears to be in pretty good condition.

Yesterday I pulled the carbs to do some cleaning. See pictures of the filth here.

Anyway, there are two small openings on the carbs that appear to help deflect fuel that is injected through the tiny ports in the carb throat. There are 6 of these in total (two on each carb, or one for each throat). Two of them are missing.

On the browns point diagrams, there is no part diagram for this part, and in the drawing, there is a bolt in this opening, rather than a thin metal plate or plug.

Any recommendations on where to get one of these, or how I could safely make a replacement?

Thanks!
    Chris
    Attached Files

Unless can find a used carb probably will not be able to find them.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure your right. There is a boat junkyard in my city and I went there for a visit. Found a very similar Suzuki that has the same carbs on it. In the place I identified in the pictures above, there is a threaded bolt in the hole, rather than the metal tabs on mine.

I'm sure some would question the solution, but I discovered I could fashion a perfectly fitted metal tab out of a beer bottle cap. A Blue Moon bottle cap has a circle printed on it. Using my dremel and a hammered flat cap, I cut a couple new tabs that fit snugly in place.

I put the carbs back on this past Saturday and she ran perfectly. I will keep a close eye on my "hack" and let you know if I have any trouble with it.

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X