Service Maint tools for DF 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Maint tools for DF 150

Do we need any special tools to change oil, lower unit oil? Is there additional maint requirements that should be done for a 100 hour? I have a 2008 DF 150 4 stroke. Also will some Mercury filters interchange with Suzuki filters? Do you have oil recommendations?

Maintenance

Amsoil makes full-synthetic lubrication products for marine outboards and I use these products in my DF150. I've used Amsoil for many years in all my vehicles. Get the correct viscosity for your motor (10W40) and your lower unit (75W80W90 marine gear oil). Amsoil also makes a high efficiency oil filter for the DF150. You'll need a hand pump to pump the gear oil into the lower unit (made by the lube manufacturer to fit onto the bottle of gear lube), and you pump it in through the drain hole until it dribbles out the "check level" hole, then let it sit a few minutes and makes sure it's still up to that level before closing it up. Use new gaskets on the drain plugs. At 100 hours I also pull the internal engine anodes (aluminum), check their condition, and scrape off the deposits and if in otherwise good condition, reinstall, as well as looking over all the external anodes for condition. Also good to pull the prop and check the shaft seal, regrease the shaft and reinstall with a new cotter pin. Use a marine grease where needed (again, I use Amsoil synth marine grease) on the several grease fittings, throttle controls, etc. Only tools you'll need are the pump and screw-in drain plug fitting for the gear lube, and a large bladed screwdriver, the correct size hex wrench for the engine oil drain plug, a metric socket set, and small filter wrench (really small). Amsoil can be purchased online from their website, and the other Suzuki supplies (including Suzuki brand oil and lube products, if you prefer to use them) can be purchased on this website or from Brown's Point Marine's website or Hustler Sports website. I've used all three. I have a large fuel/water separator/filter installed in my fuel line, and that also gets changed every 100 hours. Also, there are other synthetic lubes available from other manufacturers. I'm not necessarily pushing Amsoil, but as I said, I've used their products for many years and would use nothing but full synth oils in any of my vehicles.
    Last edited by Harper; 04-26-2013, 09:20 AM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank You!!

Comment

dont know of any Merury oil filters that will fit (but you never know) the genuine Suzuki filters are reasonably priced, so why not go genuine? Make sure you use MARINE grease, not water proof or bearing grease. No special tools are required for routine service.

Comment

Working...
        X