Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Linkage Adjustment Help

Good Morning
    Last year I purchased a DF-25 four stroke w/ remote controls for my 13' Whaler. The engine came with the control unit and all that was needed to purchase was the cables. I installed the unit myself. I ran it all last season at my place on Georgian Bay and was very happy with the engine. My problem appears to be the adjustment on the forward throttle control. The engine appears to hit full throttle perhaps an inch or two before the throttle level is fully bottomed out. If you throw the level into this one or two inch area the engine coughs and sputters and nearly stops, like it is being flooded or hot choked. I assume there is some sort of adjustment to sync the full throttle to full power but can;t for the life of me see where that is done. Can someone please give me instructions on this adjustment. Many Thanks. Regards
    C

Check that throttle cable lock grooves are installed right. With control lever in neutral position adjust throttle cable end at engine so throttle cam marks are aligned on engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X