Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT90 - Intermittent Power Loss Problem

Hello All,

I have an intermittent power loss problem with my 1995 DT90. When running at cruising speed the motor will all of a sudden loose power down to an idle. It does not seem to be missing misfiring on any cylinders; it simply will not run at more than an idle. After 10 seconds or so the motor will sputter and then start to run normally for a period of time then loose power again. The problem is very intermittent and the motor never actually stalls. Sometimes it occurs immediately after leaving the boat ramp and getting on plane. Other times it will run fine for a couple of miles at wide open throttle.

I thought that this may be a fuel pump issue, but after installing a new diaphragm kit and replacing a damaged check valve the problem continues. (BTW: has anyone found a good source for check valves as opposed to replacing the entire fuel pump?) The water separator and priming bulb were also replaced, but did not solve the problem. The water pump was replaced last year and seems to be pumping normally. The motor does not seem to be overheating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try pumping fuel primer bulb or hitting choke when it looses rpm's to see if helps, if so then still have a fuel problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X