Water flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water flow

Recently my 2005 DF115 stop peeing out the back. This happens all the time because I run in the shallow louisiana marsh normally. I can always get it flowing again by sticking some fishing line in the pee hole. Not this time. I have stuck fishing line 3 ft up the hole and used an air compressor. It now drips out. But still no real flow like in normal operation.

I have pumped water through the hose outlet on the side of the engine, through rabbit ears while the engine is running in the back yard and dropped the boat back in the water at full speed. It has not overheating and shows normal flow out every other hole in the lower unit as normal. Still jus a trickle of water.

I do not remember having any problems when I went fishing two weeks ago. before I noticed no water flowing out the pee hole, i had just finished changing out the main engine oil, lower unit oil and spark plugs. i do not think that has anything to do with the water issues, but I figured i would give the full story. Anyone have any ideas?

If can put it in a tub of water, start up and use air hose to blow back while running can sometimes clear it out.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X