DF 140 Clutch shaft holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 Clutch shaft holder

Is there any way to replace the clutch shaft holder and bushing on my DF 140 Suzuki without removing the powerhead. Any advice would be welcome.

not exactly sure what a clutch shaft holder is, can you explain a bit more?

Comment

It is called the clutch shaft holder in the manual on the mid unit. It has a brass bushing-it gets salted up making shifting gears difficult. It is situated between the powerhead and drive shaft housing. Unfortunately the shaft holder has snapped so I have to replace the part. Thanks for any help. Dont really want to remove the entire power head to replace this part.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefish View Post
        It is called the clutch shaft holder in the manual on the mid unit. It has a brass bushing-it gets salted up making shifting gears difficult. It is situated between the powerhead and drive shaft housing. Unfortunately the shaft holder has snapped so I have to replace the part. Thanks for any help. Dont really want to remove the entire power head to replace this part.
        I know this is a 1 year old thread.
        BUT, I am wondering what your outcome was, I just had the same problem and wondering what had to be done and the cost!!!

Thank you!
        John

Comment

Working...
        X