1999 DT115 tilt/trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DT115 tilt/trim problem

Purchased last year, previous owner tells me this has been ongoing headache since new. (after I purchased of course!)
    Trim/tilt motors downward fine from either switch (remote lever or on the outboard). Will not motor up from either switch and only clicks at the relay. Tried reversing blue and green wires on relays and when reversed, no motoring just clicks. Outboard is down and there is no access to the T/T motor to inspect wiring. Appears to be a bad connection somewhere but ? Last fall I had a similar issue but it repaired itself after my puttering and worked fine until I want to put the boat in the water! I opened the manual valve and can barely lift it to tilt up! Seems that the same motor is used to tilt up or down so it is working. Bad connection inside the motor? Is it serviceable or do I replace?

Remove the trim motor wires from relay and connect direct to 12 volt battery, trim motor should run. Reverse wires connected to battery and trim motor should run in opposite direction. If trim motor doesn't run then replace trim motor. NO NOT jump relay, will damage relay.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X