Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor to sounder interface

Hi All,

I have purchased a new lowerance HDS 12 touch and I would like to connect it to my 2011 140hp outboard.

Can any one please tell my what model interface and cables I will need to purchase to make this work.

I want to check the fuel,usage in the screen on the new Touch.

Thanks

Have a look here for info. Tells you what to do.

Are you going to keep the existing analogue gauges? If so, you will need the SDS adapter cable and will connect it to the plug under the cowl. Then connect the interface cable to that.

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

Suggest you go to Browns Point Marine online shop to get the parts.

One thing re parts is that you will need to establish a simple NMEA 2000 network on your boat. The cheapest way to do this is to buy a Lowrance NMEA 2000 "starter kit", costs about $60 as a set which is about a third of the cost of the parts it contains if bought individually. Local Lowrance dealer will have them.

As well as that kit, you will need the interface cable which you can get from Brownspoint. Plus the adapter cable mentioned earlier. that is all the parts you will meed.

I think there is a newer part number for the interface cable than is listed in the alowrance info sheet linked above, but if any questions, send a message to BP and they will point you in the right direction.

Possibly, you may need one long NMEA 2k extension cable to go from the engine to your dashboard. The starter kit includes one such cable about 15 ft long, i think. If it isn long enough, you will need to get one to suit.

Suzuki Outboard Modular Instrument Systems (SMIS)

Hope this helps. It is really a pretty simple thing to do. Plug and play, by and large!
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-15-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter I will do

Comment

G’day Moonlighter,
        ‘I was wondering if you help again, I have a 2017 df60a and want to hook it up to a Lowerance sounder , can you let me know what cables I’ll need to get this done. Thanks in advance.

Comment

What gauges are you using?

I wrote a paper for this forum that explains what is involved, can I suggest you have a read of it (at the following link) and then let me know if you still have questions.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...a2000-networks
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-11-2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Will do thanks Moonlighter

Comment

International Marine in Fla. has the best price on interface cables and adapters. Ask for Tyler. 1 561 396 2264

Comment

Working...
              X