Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

df175 (2006) air intake system failure-where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df175 (2006) air intake system failure-where to start?

I have a pair of 2006 175hp DF 175s on my boat and have had them for about a year, and just experienced my first issue when I tried to fish last thursday. Motors are run every couple weeks and have never given me even the slightest headache.

Starboard motor shut off on me on Thursday and would only turn over but wouldnt ignite, yet was not throwing a code. TOok it back to the house and worked the throttle from neutral to forward to neutral to reverse and then tried to start the motor which it did. Motor started up but went up to 2k plus RPMs, I believe that is safe mode.

Anywa, the code it is throwing is two flashes then two flashes so per the manual it looks like it's an air intake system failure but I don't know where to start. I've got a mechanic I trust that I'm going to take it to next Monday but I'm hoping to get some insight from this forum prior to taking it in.

****The only little issue I've ever had during the time I've owned them is the starboard engine would shut off sometimes when moved from forward to idle or reverse to idle, and it only happened about 3% of the time so I didn't address it since it always started right back up. Not sure if this relates to this failure but figured I'd bring it up.

Thanks for any help with troubleshooting on this as I've owned old two strokes my whole life and the 4 stroke world is something new to me.
    Last edited by loweballz; 05-15-2013, 08:15 AM.

Start by checking intake for leaks or valves inside manifold are seating properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X