Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with full trottle DT-50

Hi there,

I have a 2 stroke DT50 and it was running fine for years.
    last year the inflatable tube came loose from my Zodiac and sort of half sunk the boat.

We managed to get it out thnx to my neighbours who have a tractor haha.
    So summer is starting here in Amsterdam so thought i'd give it a try and service it first since the engine was partially under water for couple of minutes.

so there was water in the fueltank so cleared everything out.
    took the fuel filter out and cleaned it.after the filter comes the small fuel pump if im not mistaken? rond thing with lots of screws in em..so let all remaining old fuel drip out, blew all remaining petrol out of tubes and carburetors (did not take carburetors off the engine)
    Put new spark plugs in..

So got new fuel in ratio 1:50 and pumped it trough,,starts rightaway..
    so all happy went for a little spin..now the problem occurred.

The boat is an average size zodiac so i know from experience this engine propels this boat forward like crazy..
    Now,,,not soo.. seems it only has half the power it normally has.
    Just gets over the tipping point and then slowly picks up a little speed bit by bit. But not even close..

idle the engine runs fine. and the weird part is that when you put it in reverse, it seems to be having full power to the point where water comes in the boat from behind.
    i've checked the levers and they seem to be going full throttle when i put it in full throttle at the controls...

Do you have any idea what it could be?
    Tomorrow im going to replace the oil in the tail section...
    but i dont think this is the issue.

Thnx Rob

No one???

Comment

***,,what an amazing helpfull forum!!

Kudo's!

Comment

Working...
      X