No announcement yet.

1997 dt 65 will not rev in gear above 2,500 buzzer sounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you run the motor? I'm thinking that removing the fault input to the CDI, (by disconnecting that plug)should allow the motor to operate normally, it also takes out the buzzer so ignore that for now. The possible short in the wiring with the pink wire/blue stripe will have to be hunted down, a short to ground will give your current indications at the meter. Let me know if the motor is still rpm limited.

Comment

cheers i only had it on muffs , i will get it in the water and try it, thanks for your help

and i will get back to you

tony

Comment

You was right, got it in the water and it ran perfect, full power and very sweet, will now start looking for the wiring fault.

Thank you for all your help, and thank you to this forum

tony. uk

Comment

Good to hear! Enjoy your season.

Comment

Hi,

Well this is sorted! in the end the two pink and blue wires from the oil flow sensor had been joined together and not to the gauge.

running great, thank you to mphelle8vld for all your help, in solving this problem for me,

thanks tony UK

Comment

Thanks for the update, most posters disappear once they get back on the water, I'm glad you didn't.

Comment

took her out today, did not miss a beat, 3 nice sea bass, 1 x 4lb plaice. thank you once again.

tony, devon, uk

Comment

Working...
                X