clogged p hoe on DF140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clogged p hoe on DF140

My 2000 DF140 has a clogged P hole. Inserting a wire encounters resistance, but does not clear it. What disassembly is required to gain access to the fittings to investigate? Can the rubber end with the hole be pulled off without damaging it? Thank you

Just remove the pee hole restriction/direction plug and use compressed air to blow out any restriction in the system. I have found this to be the best method. Haven't had lots of luck by shoving mono fishing line up the hole.

Comment

clogged p hole on DF140

jHydroman - thanks for your reply. To remove the direction plug, do you just pull it out? I don't want to destroy it in the process and can't see how to remove it. Thanks

Comment

Yes,

It just pulls out.

JIm

Comment

Thanks again. At the risk of sounding totally incompetent and clueless, I'm back with another question. I removed the direction plug and found it clear and clean. Now I have an opening in the fitting about 3/8" dia and about 2inches eep. I tried pushing a wire further in but can not find any hole at the bottom of the 3/8 x 2 inch opening. Is there an elbow at the other end of this fitting? I tried looking into it but could not get a light to show the bottom. Would there be any harm in using compressed air to blow into the fitting?

Comment

Once you have the direction plug removed, blow compressed air in the opening where you removed the plug fromshop air comressor. I just use my small 100 psi shop air compressor with a parts cleaing tip on it. I stick the cleaning tip directly in the hole and seal as goos as possible.

Jim

Comment

Jim - Blowing air into the opening where the plug was removed has solved the problem. I am getting good flow now. After I blew it out, I connected a hose to the flushing connection and water flooded out of the hole, but not with any force. The motor was tilted up at this time. However, after reinstalling the P-hole plug and returnig the motor to vertical and lowering it into the water, the flow was good with the engine running. Thank you for the good advice.

Comment

Working...
              X