Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF40 check engine light/buzzer (Evinrude E40pl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF40 check engine light/buzzer (Evinrude E40pl)

I have an 1999 Evinrude E40PL which is a Suzuki DF40. The check engine light is coming on along with the warning buzzer intermittently. I do have a cable which was supposed to be used to read the diagnostics , but I can't find the software.There is info on how to reset the check engine light using the kill switch , but there is no kill switch on my controls. When I start the engine, the 4 warning light go through there normal check procedure, from left to right, and then the most left light light again just once and then goes out. I don't know if the check engine light is coming on for the oil change or some other issue. Can anyone offer me some help on this please as if I have to take the boat out and bring it to my mechanic it's a 4 week wait.
    thanks

Without a landyard stop switch it would have to taken to a dealer to get reset.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

It's my understanding that the E40PL (suzuki DF40) used an electric choke(primer) using the key control assembly - when you push the key in it activates the feature. Did The Suzuki DF40 did not share this feature with the E40PL ?

If anyone knows about the series of gauge lights when you turn the key to the on position, each light goes on from left to right during the system check and then the most left light goes on once more for a longer duration (1 sec)

Comment

Working...
      X