dt 200 not producing water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt 200 not producing water

I just bought an older 22 foot boat with a 88 model Suzuki Dt 200 that had bern sitting for about two years. I the engine runs well but I cannot get the motor to pre. Produce water through the pilot hole. I replaced the water pulp and cleaned the pilot hole tubing to clear all debris.

I removed the thermostats and can push water from the thermostats to the pilot hole. However I can not get the engine to pick up water from the lower unit through the engine etc. I would remove the exhaust ports on the cylinder head but will regtett breaking bolts off due to severe corrosion.

Any help is needed. I would at least like to get it to produce water on order to sell the engine. Thanks.

Are you running it in water and make sure have cavitation plate at least 8-10 inches below water level.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Origionally no. Yesterday after I read more and discovered this I put the lower unit in a 55 gal barrel. The motor had a hard time cranking and never started up as it had previously. However even though it never stayed running it did produce water out of the pilot tube which was a first. I guess it is true that some of the motors especially big motors need to be submerged to produce water.

Thanks for the help and I will keep everyone posted.

Comment

Working...
      X