91 dt65 bogging from 3000rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 dt65 bogging from 3000rpms

Hi all, my dt65 has a problem when it is under load and only when it is in the water, just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or could identify a solution.

When in the water and moving forward, once I get to around 3000 rpms, the motor starts to splitter and bogging down, it won't go any faster. If I put the throttle right forward it will slowly wind up to around 5000-6000 rpms. It won't even make
    It onto the plane, normally I have the throttle not even halfway to get onto the plane and hammering along nicely.

I have pulled on the choke, to no effect, changed fuel lines and fuel filter, and pump. Have had the carbs cleaned and looked at, Changed spark plugs, tested the Cdi unit, all to no avail. I am currently getting the three pulser coils tested at the moment, there was a little rust under the flywheel and a little moisture on the coils when I took the flywheel off, unsure if this would be shortening the coils out, or damaged one.

If anyone has a similar problem or can identify why it is bogging down at 3000rpms( maybe some safety barrier) please let me know I am at a loss how to fix this. Thanks.

Do you have the monitor gauge hooked up? It would tell you if any system is putting the motor into limp mode. I have a lot of spares for that year motor, send me a PM if you need the pulsers.

Comment

Hi thanks for replying, no I don't have a monitor gauge for it, didn't even know about limp mode, where could I get one from?

Comment

The motor will go into limp mode and decrease rpms to 3000 to protect itself until the problem is fixed. The gauge will identify the problem as low oil, low oil flow, overheat, or overrev.

This is the gauge you need:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-outbo...r#ht_78wt_1081

Does the warning buzzer come on at any time?
        Last edited by mphelle8vld; 05-21-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Would limp mode limit the revs to 3000 when under load or to what rev limit? It's fine out of the water, does limp
          Mode work out of the water aswell?

Comment

See edit to post #4

Comment

Working...
            X