New to me DF50 2008, questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me DF50 2008, questions

Just bought a gently used (less than 100 hours) DF50 4 stroke. Its a 2008. I do have a couple questions after using it for 4 days.

1) It makes a low volume high pitch whining sound when in gear and at low throttle. It will not make the noise when throttle is at lowest position, but when you turn the throttle up (makes the boat go about 4mph) I get a high pitch but low volume whinne. When I crank the throttle up more, it goes away. The more the throttle the less the noise. Whats this noise? My buddy who owns a 30hp 4 stroke tohatzu said its the impeller for the water pump and his makes it too. Makes sense, but i've owned a lot of 2 stroke outboards and they never made this noise.

2)After going full throttle for 10 mins I feel the leg of the outboard and its pretty warm. Normal? My 2 strokes didn't get this warm, but than again I never owned anything bigger then a 30hp. The leg oil is new and its at the proper level. Same buddy with the tohatzu said his gets pretty warm, but mine is warmer than his. But like I said, his motor is a 30hp. So is this heat normal?

3)Yesterday I was going across the lake full throttle for 2 mins and all of a sudden the motor just died. Like it ran out of fuel. I turned the key and it started back up, no problems for the rest of the day. When I turned the key it did take 1-2 seconds to start so I assume I had a air lock in my fuel lines. Not sure what caused it as I was 3/4 tank. Oh and I had no alarms before it shut down (low oil, over heating, over reving.. )

I just bought the motor so although my questions might sound like no brainers, I'm just making sure they are normal with my new motor.

Thanks!

....no one??

Comment

Working...
    X