Suzuki SMIS & PTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki SMIS & PTT

I have a 2008 DF200 and recently added a 4" SMIS gauge and all other cables. The gauge is working great. My Garmin 4208 is getting data from the NEMA 2000 network and also working as expected. The problem is that, even though, the PTT cable is properly connected but the gauge on the PTT page is only displaying a constantly flashing "---------". Please advise.
    Last edited by gudinsky; 05-23-2013, 05:08 PM.

What's the deal... Why won't any of the Suzuki tech's respond?

Comment

There aren't any Suzuki techs here, to my knowledge. Just parts guys with opinions , and they only show up once every couple of weeks . In any case, I think the problem might lie in your Garmin GPSMAP 4208. Looks to me like something might need to be configured. Try going to "dashboard-engine-gauge setup" or some such thing, and see if you can find something there. I think there's a trim calibration. Also try to change to analog readout instead of digital, even if temporarily, just to see what the trim gauge shows with an analog type gauge. My trim isn't reading properly on either my Suzuki gauge or my Garmin, but that's because the actuator arm on the trim sender unit is busted off, so the gauge is stuck on 91%. I'd fix it, but you can't just buy the little plastic actuator arm....gotta buy the whole damned sender, to the tune of $200+
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
      X