df175 key switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df175 key switch

Went to start the motor and turned the key to the on position,buzzer sounded like normal,you could hear the fuel pump work like usual.Go to turn the motor over and its dead,Completely dead.The starter will not turn,just nothing. The motor is showing a 4 -2 code but i'm not sure what that code means. The only thing i can think is to buy a new key switch,could be burnt out, but throw me some things to check please !!!

Basically samre thing happening to me

I have a brand new 2013 115 and it has done that twice to me. Runs fine, shut it off. Try to start it back buzzers sounds, panal lights come on won't turn ovr. First time after trolling for about 45 minutes toward dock it started, second time had to be pulled in , came home checked everything, won't turn over, went out next day it turned over. I have it in the shop now, just as soon as I know something I will post it to you.

Comment

I tried ti post this for you this morning don't know why it didn,t post. Took the boat to the closest service center, told them what it was doing and asked to speak to mechanic so I could explain it to him. He wasn't in so the lady writing the invoice put a note on it to call me before working on it. Week later got a call the boat was ready. Asked what was wrong he said bad gas. I was stunned, I said it was running good when I brought it up there, I just had an electrical problem with it not wanting to turn over sometime. I asked if they checked that and he said they found a corroded wire. The boat was purchased 2 months ago, I had put gas in my truck and boat at the same time and have had no problem with the truck. He said gas was run in the truck but not the boat, and gas would go bad in 2 weeks. Picked up the boat and had argument with the owner over the gas thing. He showed me about 2 and a half gallons he said came from boat. I know there was more than that in it. Cost 408.00 since I had the first service done on it to comply with the warrenty and expected the 125 for that, but 283.00 seemed a little excessive for checking wires, scraping corrosion and draining gas, can of sea foam anf 3 gallons of gas. I am still not so sure that the turning over problem will not happen again so for awhile I wil be fishing close to the ramp until I feel I can trust it. Post if you find out anything about yours , it might help me if mine still does it

Comment

Working...
      X