Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt-140 motor mount repair

Hi

Newbe here. The upper motor mount broke on my 1995 Dt-140 2-stroke motor. Or rather the last bit of the stud holding the upper mount together broke while underway. I limped it in and started the repair.
    I removed the power head and removed the cap holding the mount in place. One of the bolts broke, and I was able to remove it by welding a bolt to it and turning it out.
    But when the mount broke the engine fell back bending the shift shaft at the top below the seal. I removed the lower unit and got the shift shaft out and straightened it. But since I had the lower unit out I thought I should check the water pump impeller. Everything looked good except I broke the (2) shorter bolts off.
    Now I am thinking of removing the driveshaft bearing housing, the water pump sits on. I have the four philips head screws backed out ( 2 broke bolts still in place) and the plate shows no signs of moving easily. The parts pdf of the driveshaft housing shows a large dia. flange on the bottom and it carries a seal and bearing for the drive shaft.
    What I am worried about is the gearbox part list shows a spring on the drive shaft under the plate. So if I remove the base plate will I have parts flying around the room?? or is the spring held in place by the pin on the parts list??

I am removing the driveshaft housing to gain access to the (2) broken bolts with hopes of removing them by welding a bolt to them and get them out.

Thanks
    Jim

Well I still don't know what is under the pump plate. I made a drill plate and some bushings and drilled out the bolts. Put it back together and so far its looking good after a couple of test runs.

Thx for the help
    Jim

Comment

Working...
    X