water pump wont prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump wont prime

just finished changing water pump impellar and gaskets had to heli coil bolts for water pump as all broke off during removal nightmare to drill out .Reassembly of lower unit pretty straight foward put muffs on motor blocked lower intake port motor ran cool water came out fine attached flush hose water came out fine put motor in large tub started wouldnt pump out pee hole in back of motor ran approx 15 sec,tried several times put flush hose on filled motor, took it off, started motor in tub ran and pumped water shut down let sit. started no water out hole in back.water in tub covers all intakes but does not cover over seam between lower and upper halfs .could i be drawing air so i would be fine in deeper water as it pumps ok in this tub if i prime with hose first

first off, the pump does not "prime" it is a simple impellor setup, it needs to be in water to work, having the join between the gear case and the lower leg assy out of the water means nothing, no water enters there. Not too sure what you mean when you "put muffs on motor blocked lower intake port"

Comment

Working...
    X