How do I clean the oil-sensor? DT200 efi -90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I clean the oil-sensor? DT200 efi -90

I just bought a new boat with a 1990 Dt200EFI that shuts off at full throttle.
    I can go at full throttle at about 3seconds then it "shuts off" and go to idle. If I place it in neutral and go to gear again it runs fine again, as long as I don't give WOT.
    The red light for oil is on. Can I reset it with the button on the side?
    I read that you can clean the oil-sensor somehow, anybody who can tell me how I do that?

Thanks for answers!
    Robert Petersson , Sweden

The oil sensor is a "white " sensor under the throttle linkage rods...It has an oil tube in and out. Old school the unit was 2 pieces and held together with screws. You could open it up and clean it...the screen. New units are one piece and cannot be opened. I think they are only 25-30 bucks. Removing/cleaning/replacing has an involved bleeding proceedure to ensure the air is removed from the oil lines. I would disconnect the sensor connector..run your engine to full ...ONLY for as long as you need to verify the alarm is not there...if no alarm then its the sensor...if alarm is there then the sensor is not the broken part. Don't run too long at speed if the oil pump system is not working correctly , or run off a 5 gallon can premixed to 50:1 gas to oil....13 oz oil to 5 gallons gas.....16 oz to six gallons gas

Comment

Thanks for the answer ! Gonna try disconnecting the sensor.

Do you now what the aluminium-tubes that is connected just before the oil-inlet in the engine is ? is it a checkvalve? I took one off and tried to blow with my mouth in both directions but didnt work anyway??

Comment

not sure mine is a 2003 and it mixes the oil with the fuel and then gets injected...yours might pump oil in separately..not sure

Comment

Working...
        X