Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 overheating at higher RPM

Hi!

I have a 2007 Suzuki DF70 which overheats. It will overheat at 2000RPM (and upwards) when been running for 3-4 minutes since startup. When the problem occurs i can clearly see the water from the tell tale going from about 2 meters (6ft) long to only 30cm (1ft) in just a matter of seconds. After that the water will stop coming out and i'll get a temp alarm.

The boat does not overheat when using flush muffs in the garden, nor when running idle in the lake. Actually when engine has been overheated, i can just start the engine after some minutes and the tell tale slowly comes back in full strength if i just run at idle. When i go forwards the tell tale is reduced to about 30%.

I have changed the impeller, checked the thermostat in a cooking pan and also been cleaning the cooling channels in the engine block with compressed air as good as i could. There were quite much salt debris just under the thermostat house. Any ideas?

Regardless of whether or not the thermostat was working properly, water should always be flowing thru the tell tale. My guess? Is it possible you put the impeller in backwards? I guessing it would still pump some water at lower RPM's, but would fall way behind at upper RPM's.
    -Shawn

Comment

Working...
    X