Dt65 (1995)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dt65 (1995)

Does the 1995 dt65 have an ignition timing resistor? If so, where is it ? Having trouble getting motor to put boat on a plane. Have rebuilt carbs, checked reed valves, check the specs on the throttle valve sensor ( right on the money ) . Still can't get the motor to go high speed in gear. It will go to high rpms in neutral. Once the engine stalls i gear , it will start right back up. Need help pleasev....

The resistor plugs into the powerhead wiring harness.

What RPM does the problem occur?

Do you have the monitor gauge hooked up?

Comment

Originally posted by mphelle8vld View Post
      the resistor plugs into the powerhead wiring harness.

What rpm does the problem occur?

Do you have the monitor gauge hooked up?
      about mid range rpm no monitor gauge hook up

Comment

The trouble is at mid range rpm no monitor hook up checked the wiring harness to the power head..... No ignition timing resistor

Comment

If the motor idles fine, I'm sure your timing resistor is fine. It's hard to see, it's just a connector with a short length of wire, even if it were missing it would have no effect on the problem you describe.

It would be helpful to know the rpm since the CDI limits the motor to 3000 when it goes into limp mode. The monitor would tell you if the problem was overheating, low oil, low oil flow, or over-rev, any of which would put the motor into limp mode. Strongly suggest getting a monitor gauge, ebay?

Comment

Could not find a monitoring gauge on ebay. Have any other ideas of where i might find one? Does suzuki have an item number for this unit ?

Comment

The gauge you need is 34700-92E11 which is now obsolete, the replacement gauge is 34701-92X50 but I've heard that there are wiring issues.

You could make this guy an offer:1996 Suzuki 115HP Monitor Gauge 959 | eBay

Comment

When the motor goes in the "LIMP" mode, does the engine shut down like running out of fuel or does it stay at 3000 rpms. My motor shuts down
                like no fuel..

Comment

Working...
                X