Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backfire DF250hp (2007)

Dear members!
    I have a DF250hp (2007), last weekend I had a severe backfire, the intake manifold broke loose and the engine cover came off. I noticed that there was a recall by Suzuki in 2004 for the 2004 and early 2005 engine models, to change the ECM.
    Does anyone know if I am also eligible for this recall (year of build 2007)? And or can anyone give me tips to prevent me for this backfire in the future?
    Tomorrow I will check the cylinder pressure and timing belt. Perhaps any tips what I should check further...
    Thanks a lot! A new forum member.

Yep, I had the same thing happen a few years ago at an authorized repair facility. It is a ECM failure that requires a full ECM Replacement. Good luck with this as it took me a lot of time effort and letter writing to get them to replace everything. You will first have to take it to a good authorized service shop. If your lucky, you might get Suzuki to provide the new ECM. That will be a big savings, but I doubt they will pay for the damage as the no one followed thru with the recall update.

Going thru the best Suzuki repair facility would be your best bet. Where are you located? There is a great shop near me that has a great relationship with Suzuki.

Comment

backfire & recall DF250hp

Hi Kmuss,
      Thanks for your reaction. I am from the Netherland. I will bring it today to my local dealer, who has good contacts with Suzuki and I will try to get the ECM replaced under the recall conditions. Keep you updated! Thanks, Richard

Comment

I have a 2006 DF200, which I bought new in April 2006. It is the same motor except for some modifications to get your extra 50HP. Mine went through 3 ECM recalls during the first year or so. None since then. The notifications said the the ECM could cause a backfire and cause damage such as you mentioned. It appears that the prior owner ignored the recall.
        Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X