Df suzuki 150 still running hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df suzuki 150 still running hot.

I changed the poppet valve or water bypass valve whatever it's called and the motor is still running hot. The water pump and impeller is brand new. It take a little longer now to run hot though. Before it would take about 10 seconds ten it would run hot, now it takes about 30 seconds and it will run hot. What do you guys think?? Thanks for any replys

Check thermostat to determine if it is operating properly, this can be done by removing in heating in water on stove and monitor with cooking thermometer.

If this is working properly, check engine temp with heat gun or heat crayons to determine actual engine temperature. May have bad sensor.

Jim

Comment

You indicate it is "running hot" in 10 seconds or 30 seconds. Are you saying it's hot within these time frames after startup? If so, I seriously doubt that the engine is actually hot in that short amount of time. The ECU measures the temperature rise vs. time to warn that it's temperature is increasing too fast, at which time it will indicate an overheat. It gets its input from a temperature sensor in the water jacket and also an exhaust gas temperature sensor. I'm not sure how quickly after startup the sensor signals will be analyzed and acted upon, but if either sensor is faulty, you'll get the alarm. What I'm saying is that your engine can't be overheating so soon after start, but your sensors can possibly be sending bad information to the ECU immediately.

Also, in the future, I think it would help if you continued discussing a given problem on the same thread, so responders can see the history of your problem and actions you have already taken. You posted initially in another thread about an engine that you were considering, that already had indicated that it had some problems....no water out of the tell tale, overheat ONLY below 1200 RPM, etc. So, I think it would have been better for you to continue airing this problem in the same thread. It's not that difficult to find the original thread when you are the original poster. Did you check the thermostat at all?
      Last edited by Harper; 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

What code are you getting?

Comment

Working...
        X