DF15 Starting Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF15 Starting Problems

Ok bear with me on this one because I am a weekend mechanic and the subject motor DF15 has lived a tough life. The motor went for swim 6 years ago during a Florida Keys Lobster Mini Season Mania weekend. It was immediately serviced by a Suzuki dealership and for the most part has run faithfully from that day, with a little help.

So the current problem is the motor will start but after running for maybe 10 seconds dies. I recently rebuilt the carb as I have had to do before each boating season. In addition I replaced all the fuel lines to head off any of the new fuel problems. The motor is a 1997 model. After rebuilding the carb the motor ran fine for 2 days and 2 tanks of gas before this condition occured.

Once the motor dies I can choke it and immediately restart it but it then again dies after about 10 seconds. I did notice that during the 10 seconds it is running I notice the oil level/pressure light being on solid. So not certain if the motor is detecting a oil pump issue and shutting itself down or if I still have a fuel issue.

So before I pull the carb apart again I was looking for a little more info on what might be going on.

By the way there are not any good Suzuki dealers in the area I currently live in, otherwise I would have been dropping the motor off and spending my time on my working boat relaxing and fishing...

So any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Charlie
Working...
X