Footy filter ? Df250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footy filter ? Df250

Have a DF250, 2007, new to me. Had a air leak in one of the fuel lines pre footy filter so I changed out the fuel lines & water separator/filter & footy filter while l was at it. Question, does the footy filter on the front of the engine, drop fuel level say 1" then fill back up, drop 1" & fill back up, is this normal cycling or is there still a problem. I don't want to take a test ride until I know. I would think the filter bowl would stay full, thanks, Roy

It's been a week, so I thought I'd bump this up. Did a test run, 2 hrs, all good, no stalling or starving for fuel. But the engine mounted filter still loses an inch of fuel then fills up etc. it does this at idle & at 4400 rpm. Thinking this may be normal for electric fuel pump? Anyone know for sure? Thanks, Roy

Comment

Probably normal, since the low pressure fuel pump cycles off and on continually during running. Low pressure pump is electric on the V-6s, mechanical on the large I-4s, but both cycle the same. I've spent the last few of your posts trying to figure out what you're referring to as a "footy filter," and am assuming you're referring to the low pressure fuel filter.
      Last edited by Harper; 07-03-2013, 08:29 AM.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Harper, thanks for the reply. The Suzuki dealer that I bought the filter from (on the front of the engine, in a yellowish canister) called it a footy filter, because it has a plastic foot with a red ring around it. If there is water in the filter canister the red ring floats to tell you. At least that's what the dealer said. We did another 27 mi. Cruise today & still no problems, so I guess the the changing levels in the " engine mounted filter" are normal. Thanks again, Roy

Comment

Completely normal.

Comment

Working...
          X