suzuki dt150 3 cylinder cut out at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki dt150 3 cylinder cut out at idle

I have a 2002 dt150 efi 3 cly are cut out at idle. I have talked to different Suzuki techs. one said that is what it suppose to do. The 2nd one says only 2 is suppose to cut out at idle. The 3rd one say they should all be hitting at idle. Does any body out there know. If it is suppose to cut out which cylinders should be cutting out.

They should all spark all the time unless an alarm is going off. How do you know 3 cyl are dead. Are they in a vertical row or random 3. Ive done a lot of work on mine but I need more information

Comment

Yes they all are sparking but I believe the injectors are being cut out. by pulling the plug wire when it is run and listening for a change in the engine. #1,2 and 6 cylinders. Information on these engine is very hard to find most Suzuki techs don't seem to know much about them.

Comment

Well, if you still want help...Suzuki's are difficult to t/s...especially at idle. I did a compression check...mine has 2 plugs per cylinder..and with all the plugs removed except the one cylinder I was testing and accidentally left the spark plug wire on the plug in the single cylinder I was testing...the engine would crank and run on one spark plug out of 12. Why do you think you have an issue...(2) you need an inductive timing light. (3) All injectors always fire because that is what delivers oil to the bearings...the ignition is disrupted when an issue occurs..but it should give a warning alarm when that happens. Your fuel pressure to the injector rail should be about 35 psi ...you need a 15 dollar gauge -on line- and a few feet of fuel hose 1/4 inch to test...lets see what you got. I spent 1 1/2 seasons on mine but got it fixed

Comment

Working...
        X