Suzuki 40 hp trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 40 hp trim problem

My 2008 Suzuki 40 suddenly stopped trimming ?
    It seemed a little "groggy" the last few times I used it. The motor doesn't have 50 hours on it? Thoughts
    Thank you

Did you check the fuel and spark plugs the connection on the fuel line on the tank and motor. Any other symptoms?

Comment

I'm sorry what I meant to at is the trim motor stopped functioning. I can't get it to go up or down? It was a little slow going up before it stopped working altogether.

Comment

Seems to me that it should still be under warranty, with a mere 50 hours. Got a dealer you can take it to? If it failed slowly, as your post seems to indicate, I'd suspect the pump or pump motor ..... not sure if the 40 has hydraulic trim, but sounds like a failing motor in any case, that finally failed completely, seized up or something. If before it failed, the "groggy" symptom was an intermittent movement, or movement in jerks and fits, then it could also be a broken wire somewhere, but your original post leads me to think it was just getting slower and slower, which sounds more like a defective trim motor. Also check the motor mount itself. Can you unlock the tilt/trim and pivot the motor manually without binding? If there's binding there at the mount hinge, it could also overload the trim motor, possibly leading to failure.
        Last edited by Harper; 07-04-2013, 07:35 PM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X