Runs great when trim tilt activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runs great when trim tilt activated

My DF50 runs great most of the time and then starts to sputter at various RPM. Pushing and holding the trim tilt up or down makes the motor run fine.

Checked and tightened trim tilt solenoids and it seemed to run better longer.

Rats ate the ribbon cable from the controls back to the motor. Could this be grounding and causing the issue?

suzuki issue

Did you find out the issue causing this ? I have a 95 dt150 that cuts out but runs find as long as im hitting the tilt trim switch. Thanks

Comment

I think both of you are having a ground, power or connection problem.

The power feed (white wire) goes from the battery and splits in two. One side goes to the key switch and tilt and trim switch and the other half goes to the engine. The connection (that is sometimes under the floor) where the white wire from the battery connects to the feed to the key switch/tilt/trim and the feed to the engine has a tendency to corrode and cause problems. Search the forum for my post titled "No power to the helm". I would start looking at the white wire since it feeds the t/t and the key switch.

Comment

Working...
      X