Shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut off

I have a Suzuki 115 that will not start or turn over even with a new battery. All accessories work fine. There has to an automatic shut off that has tripped somewhere but I can't find it. Need a suggestion.

Originally posted by DWBunger View Post
    I have a Suzuki 115 that will not start or turn over even with a new battery. All accessories work fine. There has to an automatic shut off that has tripped somewhere but I can't find it. Need a suggestion.
    I assume you are saying when you turn the switch on everything works but the motor will not turn over. I have a new 2013 Suzuki that did the same thing to me the third time I had it out. Then after awhile it cranked. Next time out did the same thing and would not crank and had to be towed in. Got it home and sat awhile then turned over. Then would not again. Took it to a service center and they said they found corrosion on the wires. Have had it on the water twice since, as well as trying it with the muffs on at home. Seems to be O.K but I am still fishing close to the ramp for awhile just in case. So I am saying chek all your switch wires for corrosion or for a loose connection. There is nothing in the book about a reset switch. Also check your fuses.

Comment

Thanks,
      Have checked all I can check and see no corrosion. A friend seems to think its is in the shift handle not recognizing neutral, but working that back and forth a lot hasn't freed up anything. Will get the service guy to look the first of the week.

Comment

working back and forth will not free anything up, you don't say if you have a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke, but anyway, try turning the key to the 'start" position while moving the gear lever back and forth, the neutral switch could be faulty or out of adjustment, some models have 2 neutral switches, one in the control, and one on the motor. be 100% sure ALL your connections are good, don't just look at them and say they are clean and tight, they need to be removed and checked.

Comment

Id pull the elec starter and test it. thats first thing i would check after the connections

Comment

Originally posted by TXREBEL View Post
            Id pull the elec starter and test it. thats first thing i would check after the connections
            When you find out what the problem is how about posting it in case mine does it again.

Comment

Working...
            X