Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT140 Lacks power/can't get full revs

Hi
    I took my Suzuki DT140 on a 16 mile high speed run today (first time out this year) and it ran great on the way out but on the way back was struggling for power and I couldn't get full revs. Tickover is fine just no power under load and could barely get onto the plane. Revving it out of gear it also didn't want to rev to the max but seemed to go about 3/4 throttle and build gradually from there.

What's the problem??

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
    Hi
    I took my Suzuki DT140 on a 16 mile high speed run today (first time out this year) and it ran great on the way out but on the way back was struggling for power and I couldn't get full revs. Tickover is fine just no power under load and could barely get onto the plane. Revving it out of gear it also didn't want to rev to the max but seemed to go about 3/4 throttle and build gradually from there.

What's the problem??
    Have you figured out this problem I'm having the same problem with my 225

Comment

problem with DT140 losing rpms

I had this problem with my DT140. It would run fine for 10 or so miles and then lose rpm's. The problem was a partly broken wire going to the fuel pump. It only had 3 or 4 strands of wire left. This caused the wire to overheat and the engine to lose rpms. You couldn't see the broken wire because of a cap over it.

Comment

Working...
      X