df150 temp light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df150 temp light on

Looking for some help. My DF150 temp light came on for no apparent reason, motor was pumping water just fine and did not seem to get hot at all, motor is new with less than 20 hours on it. Light seems to be stuck on, will not go off even after sitting over night, motor is still under warranty but since the dealer I bought it from is 3 hours away I was hoping for an easy fix.
    Light will of course shut off with key off. Forgot to mention no buzzer or loss of rpm.
    Last edited by rainapete; 07-09-2013, 10:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention

I usually suspect sensors, especially on a new engine. If electronics parts are going to go bad, it's usually early on in their life. I would suspect it primarily in this case also, because you say the light doesn't shut off at all. Two sensors involved, one on the measures cylinder temp, the other exhaust temp. Either one malfunctioning will cause the system to alarm. If there is a good thing about this, it's that both sensors are the same, so unless you are unlucky enough to have both fail, you only need buy one and try it in either spot to see which sensor is bad.
    Last edited by Harper; 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks, I'll get a new sensor and give it a try, hopefully that will solve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
        I usually suspect sensors, especially on a new engine. If electronics parts are going to go bad, it's usually early on in their life. I would suspect it primarily in this case also, because you say the light doesn't shut off at all. Two sensors involved, one on the measures cylinder temp, the other exhaust temp. Either one malfunctioning will cause the system to alarm. If there is a good thing about this, it's that both sensors are the same, so unless you are unlucky enough to have both fail, you only need buy one and try it in either spot to see which sensor is bad.
        Harper,
        Why won't the buzzer sound or lose rpm when the light goes on? Are they not connected to the light?
        Also started it last night with muffs on it and of course the light was on but did flicker some, possibly a bad connection somewhere?

Comment

the motor is new you say, why don't you get it fixed under warranty? messing about yourself seems like a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by rainapete View Post
            Harper,
            Why won't the buzzer sound or lose rpm when the light goes on? Are they not connected to the light?
            Also started it last night with muffs on it and of course the light was on but did flicker some, possibly a bad connection somewhere?
            Yeah, I kinda missed that part......I don't know, might be something other than the sensor. You may have to bite the bullet and do as noelm suggests, drive the 3 hours and let them do their thing under warranty. I understand your desire not to do that.....I'm in the same boat, and it's likely that you'll have to leave it there for awhile.........
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

This turned out to be a bad gauge from the boat manufacture, motor is fine.

Comment

That's good to hear. Thanks for letting us know. Guess you took it back to the dealer, huh? Did the boat manufacturer of the gauge manufacturer pay for the work?
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I brought it to the local Suzi dealer up here, paid him 25 bucks for the diagnostics check and bought myself a gauge and put it in, didnt have the time to run to my dealer 3 hours away, would of cost me more in gas.
                  The boat is an Alumacraft and Suzuki knew right away what the issue was with the

Cost me about 100 bucks total.

Comment

Working...
                  X