df65 stuttering with a chirping sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df65 stuttering with a chirping sound

Can anyone please tell me what is going on with my motor. It will blow out a puff of smoke and each time it does its making a quick short chirp sound. Also why is it stuttering like that? I dont have a steady idle. I have short video clip but cant upload it here, but here is link to it Suzuki 2 stroke dt 65hp stuttering with chirping sound - YouTube
    Last edited by Shawn407; 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM. Reason: wrong model number in title

Given no other information, I would clean the carbs.

Comment

what other info would you need to know from it?

Comment

When was the last time you cleaned the carbs, what fuel and how old, have you checked the compression, how long have you had the motor, is this a new problem and did anything happen around the time it started, any maintenance history, does it run ok on the water at higher speeds.

If you know the year or model # I can give you the carb settings if you're able to do the cleaning.

Comment

Cleaned carbs about 2 years ago. Fuel is 93 octane pre mixed 50 to 1 with quick silver. Ya compression checks out good. Yes runs good at higher speeds.
          Yes i can and have done most maintenance on my engine.

Comment

The "chirp" noise is most likely caused by a lean idle mixture, you may have heard it called a lean sneeze. You might be able to compensate with the air screws but since it only takes a couple hours to pull and clean the carbs, that's what I would recommend. If you can tell me the year I'll let you know the screw setting for a clean carb.

Comment

Working...
            X