Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

Have a dT 140 at mech. Said I had good comp on engine- gave no #s. first said had bad injectors then went to water on bottom cylinder plug then power head base gasket was checked and the exhaust cover gasket and the head gasket. All good. Now I have " shaving" in the cylinders.

Sounds like I am being taken to the cleaners buy a Suzuki dealer.

Motor went in for low idle/ not reaching full rpm range in water. Dies after idling for 2-3 minutes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Really starting not to like zuki

I don't think you have a Suzuki problem, you have a mechanic problem.

Comment

Dt140

Heads off 1 cylinder clean as a whistle no carbon build up at all. Mech sais reason is water steamed cleaned it gonna bring it home a drill out 10 bolts and do work myself. Getting owners manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Delwaysta View Post
        Have a dT 140 at mech. Said I had good comp on engine- gave no #s. first said had bad injectors then went to water on bottom cylinder plug then power head base gasket was checked and the exhaust cover gasket and the head gasket. All good. Now I have " shaving" in the cylinders.

Sounds like I am being taken to the cleaners buy a Suzuki dealer.

Motor went in for low idle/ not reaching full rpm range in water. Dies after idling for 2-3 minutes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Really starting not to like zuki
        Sounds like you used the same mechanic I did, Took my brand new 2013 with less than 10 hours because The last 2 times I had it out when you hit the switch the lights on switch came on but switch had no power to crank motor. First time after trolling toward landing for about 30 minutes it cranked and continued to crank on water hose and muffs. Next time had to be towed in, got home it cranked., then wouldn't. Told him it had to be electrical, and go ahead and do 10 hr maintenance while he had it. Went to pick up and he charged 410.00. Bottom line expected the 125 or so for maintenance, really think the electrical should be covered by warrenty since it was only a couple months old but the thing that really upset me was he said the gas was bad which had only been in it for a week the other 275 was for scraping corrosion off wire and draining the gas and putting 3 gallons back in it, Needless to say he won't get my business again

Comment

Working...
        X