Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller

I am from Spain. I want to buy a propeller. But I have a query. I have a boat gliding type. Phantom boat 25. I have outboard, Suzuki DF300 hp with 3x16x21 pitch prop. the boat reaches, with 6400 RPM 63 MPH. I would like to change the prop for a little more speed. Increase Pitch?. You can also change the diameter?

I think 16" is about as large a diameter as you'll find, and that is probably as big as will fit. Pitch can go as high as 27 1/2 on Suzuki props. I think you'd probably be looking at somewhere in the 24-25 range for pitch. Don't go any higher in pitch than would result in a full throttle RPM of 5700.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

propelle

HARPER, think it is not necessary to change the diameter and up to 24 to 25 Pitch for a little more speed

Comment

Originally posted by Carlitostrom View Post
        HARPER, think it is not necessary to change the diameter and up to 24 to 25 Pitch for a little more speed
        Well, friend, I think that's what I said, at least it's what I meant Keep the diameter at 16" and increase the pitch. Your 6400 RPM is a little high for full throttle, anyway, so an increase in pitch would give you more speed and lower your maximum RPMs to the specified range of 5700-6300.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

prpeller

Thank you Harper

Comment

Working...
          X