94 30 Hp Throttle Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 30 Hp Throttle Sensor

I have a 94 DT30. The engine bogs when giving it throttle and will load up and then refuse to start. I ran the test from the manual on the throttle position sensor (tps) and it appears to be bad. There are several other things I have noticed which concern me that I might also have a problem with the CDI. From the schematics I noticed that the tps and the overheat/low oil sensor light share the same black/red wire from the CDI. The warning light does not come on with an alarm condition. The light itself checks ok. Also I do not notice the idle changing after 15 seconds upon starting. Not sure if the tps is bad if the timing will not change upon starting like it is supposed to. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks Dave

Received a new Throttle Sensor today. It passes the test as per the manual. After installing it there is no change. Used a timing light and checked to see if the timing is changing with increase in throttle/rpm. There is no change in the timing. There is no voltage on the Black/Red wire which seems to be power for the TPS, low oil/overheat and optional tach. Going to replace the CDI now.

Comment

Replaced the CDI with a used one from I found on EBay. Along with the previously replaced throttle sensor the motor is now working like it should. The timing advances for 15 seconds when starting and the engine is cold. The warning LED works as well.

Comment

94 30 Hp Throttle Sensor

should replace the previous sensor . take a try: Car Sensor System

Comment

Working...
        X