DF140 Temp Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 Temp Alarm

New to this forum. Thanks in advance for any info.

I have a a pair of '04 DF140s. Love them. Run great but one has been showing less than normal water flow at idle from the cooling pee hole. Also, seems to take longer than the other engine to start peeing after starting the engines. Replaced water pump (no obvious issues) and no change. This week I got a temp alarm after coming off plane and pulling to idle. At power pee stream seems healthy. No temp alarms above idle. Any ideas or recommendations on what to check. I did check the pee hole for debris, the flowpath is open.

THanks
    Chuck

You might want to check the cooling water pressure regulator.

Jim

Comment

Will do. I think I may just replace it.

Thanks

Comment

Well I found the problem. Recently I had to overhaul the lower unit due to water getting in the oil. When the old drive shaft seal (just below the water pump impeller) was removed we noticed that the energizing spring that wraps around the ID of the seal was missing. Figured it just rusted away. Well I found it, it was lodged in the water pressure control valve holding it open and causing the low water pressure at idle. I went ahead a just replaced the pressure control valve and all is well.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
        X