Map sensor error df140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map sensor error df140

Hi all. Still reciving error code 3-2 , what the problem its doing this without the engine running and with the engine running, just completed engine rebuild, with new head. Problem was there before and after, passage is clear and batt cables are clean , could it just be a bad map sen

you can test it just need a vacuum pump and a multi meter

Comment

Map sensor error df140

Mitch,

You say the Map Sensor can be tested, " OK " what should the reading be on the Map Sensor with the DMM? Can you explain the way to verify the Map Sensor, this may help " catacom225 " and myself to verify it is performed correctly. I removed the Map Sensor from the motor and then hooked up a T pin as I call it to the connector so I could hook up my DMM to read voltage while the connector was connected to the Map Sensor. I tested my Map sensor " with the positive lead on the center terminal of the Map Sensor and the negative on a good ground and then hooked up a vacuum pump with a hose over the hole on the Map Sensor that has the o-ring on it and then applied vacuum ". The voltage should go down when the vacuum is applied and if that happens the Map Sensor is good, but what is the required voltage ? mine was around 3.5 volts to start with, I thought the center terminal should have the 5 volts also which is the same as the Red outside terminal lead?

Sandpiper
      Last edited by sandpiper; 08-27-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

i have not got my w/shop manual at the moment and will not be able to confirm voltages until Wednesday so if any body else has got them please post..

The reason a leaking engine holder causes this is exhaust gas leaking under the cowl can you see any signs of leaks from engine holder.

Try running without engine cowl and see if it happens again
        Last edited by mitch; 08-29-2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Map

Voltage at terminal 29 [ white]
          0 KPA 40 80

4.00 2.42 0.84
          Red is power to sensor should be 5 volts

Comment

Mitch, GOOD POINT

The reason a leaking engine holder causes this is exhaust gas leaking under under the cowl can you see any signs of leaks from engine holder. Try running with out engine cowl and see if it happens again

I had two conspicuous plugs, but they were where I feel was just above the Engine Holder plugs, but they looked corroded, The one plug that was shown on other links was find on my motor. I will run my motor without the hood and see what it does. NO water in the oil at all, the oil looks real clean.

Yes the voltages are correct catacom225 I looked them up in the manual. Now I feel like the Map Sensor I took out of the motor was really OK? as the voltage I detected was in the range specified in the Suzuki manual, but the new Map Sensor seemed to work better? not sure way? I see some reports of the water separator giving a problem also, but I have a hard time thinking that would cause a problem like with the Map Senors issue?

Comment

Working...
            X