Multiple rev issues on DF150's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple rev issues on DF150's

Hello, I'm a first time poster on this site looking for some help! I have twin 2008 DF150's with 2,200 hours on them on my boat. Both have needed new intake manifolds over the last year. The plastic valves were breaking apart and getting into the engine. Has anybody else had tis problem? My dealer said he's never seen that before. I guess I'm the unlucky having it happen to both of my motors!
    The problem I'm having now is my engines will rev up multiple times when I shift into forward or reverse and even when they go back into neutral. It can be a real pain when you are trying to do tight manovering around docks and you have to wait for the motor to stop reving up 3 to 5 times. Also if your not aware of the problem and you are still in gear the revs will speed your boat up in either forward or reverse gear! My starboard motor does it much more often than my port motor. My Suzuki mechanic is stumped. I tried swapping the IAC's and that didn't help. My batteries, 2 cranking and 2 deep cycle are fully charged and the terminals are clean. I haven't looked into the white wire from the starter thing but I don't think that would have anything to do with them revving up. Any thoughts out there? I'm out of ideas. Thanks
Working...
X