2005 df250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 df250

I would like to complete my first oil change. Where can I find the manual, prefer it on PDF file. Also how do I reset the oil hr. on the guage?
    Thanks in advance,

I really don't think you're going to find the manual in pdf form, I've looked for Suzuki manuals in pdf before and could never find any. According to the specs shown on the Suzuki marine website for the new DF250, the sump holds 8.5 qts of oil. I doubt that that has changed since 2005. The DF150-DF300 engines all use the same oil filter, so the total should be 9 qts with the filter change.

To reset the oil change alarm, take the emergency stop pin out of the emergency stop button, turn the ignition key on and pull on the emergency stop button three times within ten seconds. You'll get a single beep as confirmation of the reset.

You can purchase a service manual for your DF250, part # 99500-93J05-01E, from Performance Product Technologies for $126 Mercruiser Parts, Marine Engines Parts, Boat Parts, Marine Parts, Mercury Boat Accessories, Quicksilver, Volvo, Crusader, Motors, Exhaust - Performance Product Technologies
    Everywhere else I've seen sells it for around $161.
    Last edited by Harper; 08-05-2013, 01:02 AM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for the reply. I will use that info and get the job done. The only other question I have is what is the recommended oil viscosity and where is the oil drain bolt/plug located?

Comment

Well, I can't speak with authority on the DF250 (I have a DF150) but as far as I know, the viscosity for all our four strokes is 10W40. It's best to use a marine grade, for water intrusion capabilities and other factors, but acceptable to use automotive. Personally, I use Amsoil full synthetic marine grade 10W40 and Amsoil marine gear lube in the gear case. The drain plug should be on the side of the engine, near the middle of the mid-section cover. Mine's on the right side, and has an allen wrench head on the plug. You should use a new drain plug gasket 09168-12012 when you reinstall.
        Last edited by Harper; 08-05-2013, 08:35 AM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate your input. I will get the gasket. Just making sure I do my research before I service the port engine on Wednesday. They are new to me and the change oil is flashing. I am looking forward to learning a new motor.

Comment

Working...
          X