2005 DF140 won't throttle up past 3100 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF140 won't throttle up past 3100 RPM

I just recently purchased a used boat with a 2005 DF140 on it. I took it out about three weeks ago and everything ran fine. I put it in the water today and I can't get it to throttle more than 3100 rpm's. I tried changing the fuel filter and put some sea foam in.

What could the problem be? What should i try next? I'm at a loss.

I have the same yr twin 115's and had a similar problem that I chased for about 18 months. Unfortunately it was in the Bahamas with no Suzuki repair station nearby. After trying hundreds of $$ of things on my own, I finally flew in a Suzuki mechanic with their proprietary diagnostic software....which showed nothing! He then took off the injector rails and found tht very fine particles of depsoits had built up and washed downstream from the high pressure fuel filters and were collecting on the injector screens. We flushed them out with carb cleaner and it worked well for awhile until the deposits again built up. Long story short......I ended up replacing the high pressure fuel filters on both engines and problem solved (I did bring back the injector and injector rails and had them soaked and flushed out).

As a side note...........we actually had the boat shipped to southern FL to a Suzuki approved repair station and they didn't find the problem. When we received the boat back in the islands it loaded up before we got out of the marina. Suzuki Corporate support was terrible in helping us out. The took out their 10 foot pole and disassociated themselves with the repair station.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the response! I haven't decided what I'm going to do first yet.

Comment

start with your filters then the filter in the vst then injectors last

Comment

looks that was mine probleem too.

we check neutral switch of control box and we tested keys codes with meter cotinuity,(is not rigth mitch?).the key did not coded.try these 2.

Comment

if it is going above 2500 it is not safe mode these motors where getting 3100 that is a fuel problem .

the switch i am talking about are not in the controls they are on the MOTOR

Comment

I've had bad fuel problems this year with my DF140, spent lots of $$ getting it fixed, then screwed it up again trying to run on the old fuel. More $$ to the dealer. When I went back, I watched how they removed and cleaned the VSP tank (behind the intake). Then it ran great. Later it got to where it would start losing power. I found that if I stopped the motor, tilted it out of the water and back down it would run full power for a few minutes then lose power again. Tilting again temporarily fixed it. I got it home and using the knowledge I gained from the last dealer trip, removed and opened the VSP tank. Inside there is a small filter that was partially clogged. I cleaned it and the tank with carb cleaner and it's worked fine ever since.

Note, there is a passage in the bottom of that VSP tank that the dealer blew a thumb-sized clog out of. Ethanol sucks!

Comment

Working...
              X