X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 df 300 standard rotator {boat leaning to port side}

included a pic

boat is a 1993 Grady White Gulfstream 230 { Motor mounted on transom}
    We have less than 20 hours on the Motor,and We know were a bit overpropped, with the 3x16x20 pitch as we can't get beyond 5600 rpm @ wot going 34 mph.
    we got that after trimming up the motor.

the main problem is the boat leans slightly at around 3800 rpm,then get worse the faster you go,and gets bad. we also have some torque steer to one side {forget what side}

The boat has bennet trim tabs, but they look small for the boat ?

the motor trim tab hasn't been adjusted yet, but that should only take care of the torque steer {I think ?}

kinda frustrated
    Last edited by billfish33; 07-23-2010, 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot to mention trim tabs

I was out this morning on much calmer water this time around for another test. With the port trimtab lowered,we were able to level out the boat,but I was only able to get to 5100 rpms with the motor trimmed out,but we hit 37 mph ?

I'll be calling Powertech in the morning for a Prop suggestion.

Comment

is there any extra weight on the port side water tank or all your fuel tanks or something as that pic the boat looks like it is leaning while at rest

Comment

Originally posted by mitch View Post
        is there any extra weight on the port side water tank or all your fuel tanks or something as that pic the boat looks like it is leaning while at rest
        Mitch:

The fuel tanks are centered one in front of the other, nothing in the fresh water tank,

it sits pretty level at the dock, the angle of the pic may have made it seem like it's listing, I'll include a different pic from a few months ago that I took.
        Upper left side of Dock,Boat is centered in pic.

Comment

billfish33,

You should prop that motor to achieve 5700-6300 RPM WOT trimmed out with a medium load. Suggest you go down to 3X16X17P. Some have suggested a 4 blade improves hole shot but will loose a few RPM at the top end.

Comment

Originally posted by df300x2 View Post
            billfish33,

You should prop that motor to achieve 5700-6300 RPM WOT trimmed out with a medium load. Suggest you go down to 3X16X17P. Some have suggested a 4 blade improves hole shot but will loose a few RPM at the top end.
            my dealer told us they would swap it out for us to the 3 x 16 x 17 pitch Suzuki SS prop ! We should have it later in this upcoming week !
            Hope it works well for us as PowerTech suggested a 4 x 15 1/4 x 16 or 17 pitch.

and those 4 blade props seem to cost more money.

Comment

Working...
            X